This year, I’ve been taking a new approach to new year’s resolutions, in that I’ve set a list and I’m trying to attack these goals quarterly. Some of the goals are easy, like my #17: Buy 1 black and 1 brown belt. Other goals are a bit bigger (#4: Attain a GPA of 3.0+ for Spring and Fall) or more expensive (#5: Go to six flags).
Today, I’m going to be referring to my 19 for 2019 goals, which I did a blog post about back in January, and talking about my progress and experiences.
In my first quarter of the year, I completed 6/19 goals. This quarter, I completed 4/20 goals – meaning I definitely completed them at a slower pace than last quarter. You’ll also notice that I said 20. I decided to split goal #4 into two goals, since it pertains to two different semesters, and therefore two different quarters of the year. So i guess my nice 19 for 2019 shtick is kind of ruined, but I find it to be nicer.
- Attain a gpa 3.0+ spring 2019 semester
- Wake up consistently
- Practice a new language
- Learn the national anthem
Now if you notice, these goals were also a bit more hefty than the goals I completed last quarter, but I’m very proud that I was able to complete these!
Another thing I did in my last goal update post was set some “secondary” goals for the quarter along with a theme.
- Complete the semester with 3.0+ (COMPLETED)
- Grow my instagram account to 300 followers (not yet.. As of writing this, I’m at 227. Follow me!)
- Reach adverbs 1 in duolingo for german (this goal kinda got nixed due to me deciding to go back through earlier lessons until i reached lvl 4 on each skill)
- Save enough money for trip to carribean in july (COMPLETED)
- get an external hard drive for my laptop/computer (COMPLETED)
- Set up a file system that works for me (COMPLETED)
- Do a digital cleanup – email, apps, photos, etc. (COMPLETED)
- Post a blog post every week (sorta? I did it nearly every week!)
I don’t think I’ll be posting my secondary goals for this quarter here, I’ll just be updating you next quarter on how they went!
That’s all for now, I hope your goals are going well!
Krys Kestrel (@kryskestrel on ig)